Monday, 13 April 2009

Candle Challenge




Today I made a candle for the challenge over at Roses on Paper.
This is my first entry into this blog's challenges.

I used a stamp by Magnolia, I coloured her in with Whisper Strokes markers. Added a bit of glitter to the wings and flowers to make them pop :)

The 2nd stamp: the butterflies ...have no idea what it is called, my mother sent it to me. I used markers on them as well.

Items used:
Candle
Ribbon from stash
Pale green cardstock
Fiskars border punch
Yellow and crystal glitter



Thank you for looking :)
Sorry the pictures are so dark !!

12 comments:

Peta said...

Hey Cheryl,
Thanks for joining in our challenge - your candle is beautiful - it's going to be such a shame to light it, good luck, Peta

Vicki said...

Cheryl your candle is beautiful, not made one of those myself as yet, you've done a fab job, well done luvly xx vicki xx

Enfys said...

Wpw Cheryl you did a great job on this, never tried this, but you are tempting me.....
hugs
En x

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful,you have done a fabulous job!!! Good luck with the challenge!
xx

tiggertastic said...

what a stunning make, just so pretty and i love the bottom of the candle,

Sarah x

jeany said...

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic work :-)
Love the image :-)

Jean

Iris said...

Beautiful candle Cheryl! Love your colors and the image is so cute! Thanks for joining our challenge good luck and hop to see you again at ROP Challenge Blog!

Hugs,
Iris

Lynda Nielsen said...

Hi Cheryl, this is just fabulous. The colors are beautiful, and that image just adorable. I love your scalloped edging at the bottom, with that ribbon. Everything is Great! =)
Hugs
Lynda =)

LuLu said...

These candles are adorable. Keep meaning to give this a go, after seeing yours, must now try it for myself.

Great colouring and love the glittered bits.

Queenie said...

Hi Cheryl this is stunning,colours image just gorgeous!!!
hugs
tracy
xxxx

Susan said...

Love the candle! Don't these Tildas make the cutest candles? Good luck and thanks for joining in our challenge!

Summer... said...

OMGoodness! What a beeautiful candle! I absolutely love the design, shading and colors! The scalloped bottom and ribbon are the perfect touch as well....WONDERFUl job! = )