Friday, 12 June 2009

Stampin for the Weekend Challenge: DigiStamp



Here is the card I have made for this weeks challenge over at
Stampin for the Weekend.

The theme is to use a digistamp on your project.
I have used one of Dustin Pikes images:) I think he does some really
nice images that can be used on male cards .

I have made this card for my husbands birthday comeing up :)
He is into dragons ,so thought this image was perfect:),
but he isnt into embellishments and stuff like
that so I have not added any to this card .





Items used:
White, and limegreen cardstock
Papers by DCWV
Ribbon from stash
Glitter glue

Digi-stamp by:
Dustin Pike

I coloured the dragon in useing Whisper Strokes markers and blender pen.
I outlined the whole image in a Sakura Black Glaze Pen
to give it more of a 3-d effect.
Went around the egde of the image with Sakura Black Stardust
pen for a faux stitch effect.
Added clear glitter glue to the yellow bits on the
dragon for a bit of sparkle :)

Thank you for looking :)
Cheryl

10 comments:

Kimmi said...

Brilliant card. Doodle Dragon in red is way cool! He really stands out !! The papers undernieth are fabulous! Great added touch of sparkle!

Thank you for joining us at SFTW for our 2nd challenge!

Kim

Pops x said...

Hi Cheryl, your card is gorgeous i love that you ahve chosen to do him in red, the shape is cool too and the glitter is brill, love the papers you have chosen too...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW, hugs pops x

Valems said...

Hi Cheryl! You've made a fabulous card and I agree with you, Dustin Pike's images are adorable and perfect for male cards. This cute Dragon is beautifully coloured and I love the ribbon and the faux stitching you've added. This is a great birthday card, I'm sure your husband will love it! :)

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja

Jen said...

Hi Cheryl,
I love the colours you have chosen for this cute little dragon. The papers coordinate perfectly.
Thanks for joining the SFTW challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Ida / Little said...

This is a stunning card!! Love the layout, paper decorations and just everything! And that dragon is GORGEOUS! ;) Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week :)

Hugs Ida

Donna said...

Great card Cheryl......he is a cute dragon, in fact two of our Dt used the same image, Dustin's dragons are certainly popular. You've done a marvelous job on coloring him, and the faux stitching always adds a special touch to a card I feel.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a fabulous weekend.
Donna xx

Nicola said...

Hi Cheryl your card is gorgeous. I love this cute dragon and you have coloured him perfectly. Loving your papers and layout and your faux stitching is such a wonderful detail.
Thank you for joining us at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you will play along next week too. Good luck.
Nicola -x-

Vicki said...

Hiya Cheryl

I love this lil dragon and your colouring is amazing, I must use my Whispers more often. I love the layout, the faux stitching is a fab addition to your card, it really makes it stand out so well. Thank you for taking part with this weeks challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your creations, good luck xx vicki xx

crafty amy said...

How great is this card! I love the red for this little dragon I have alway done him in green and I have no idea why he looks so great in red :) Love the layout and the way you have used the sakura pens to do stitching round the edge.
Thank you for joining us at stampin for the week end and good luck.

X Amy X

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Cheryl and the cute little dragon looks very striking. Love how you've used the whisper pens. A great card and thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex