Tuesday, 15 September 2009

"A Perfect Day" SophistiCat Challenge

Hello,

Today, I made this pocket card and note card set for the challenge
over at SophistiCat Challenge Blog . The challenge this week is set by Lyn,
to "make something that can hold something" .
Your colours ,your way.

If you have not been to thier blog yet, you really should check it out.
Some very talented crafters over there :)

So onto my card now :)

A Perfect Day

I wasnt sure about useing these colours together .
So in that was a challenge for me . I had bought the
Laura Ashley Flocked papers awhile back and
thought they were really pretty ...and they have
sat and sat and sat in my desk lol .
Didnt have anything to use them on :(



This is one of the note cards . The image matches the
image on the front of the card.
I used Chalk inks to do the flower image .
And the same colour around the trim of the note card.
I tried to do a sentiment in the same colour as the flowers but it just didnt turn out right, it kept smearing . So I ended up useing black ink.


Inside of the card . I used the Martha Stewart border
punch again and inked it with the same
chalk ink as on the note cards. And added some little flower brads to
the sides to hold them together .

Used some lace to finish the card off .


Items used :
White and chocolate cardstock
Green paper by DCWV
Flocked paper by Laura Ashley
Laceand brads from stash

Papermania free Stamp :
I used Chalk Box inks on it .

Sentiment from same set .

Thanks for looking :)
Cheryl

12 comments:

blackdragon said...

Hello Cheryl.... this is really REALLY lovely, what a great gift for someone.
Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at S-CATS this week... especially as it was my challenge and i'm no cardmaker so choose to do something a little different.
I really hope you join us again soon.
hugs lynx

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Cheryl..lovely card! To answer your question on my blog..I cut out a circle and layed it over the image and just sponged! Wish I had one of those air guns..they are pretty cool! Thanks for looking! :)

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is gorgeous, luv the flowers!

enjoy *~*

Karen said...

Absolutely gorjus Cheryl. Really really pretty.

Thank you for joining in our challenge at Sophisticats.

Love Karen x

JanJay said...

This is a really gorgeous project, love that flocked paper.

thanks so much for joining us at SC this week & best of luck.

Jan x

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Cheryl, wow this is so beautiful! I bought these LA papers a while back too and do you think I can find them?? NOPE! but they are so lush.
Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats challenge this week. Lovely to have you! Hope to see you back real soon. Good Luck!

Hugs
Lisa.xx
DT Admin.

Cheryl said...

hi hun this is great loving the papers great design too bless you for taking part in our challenge this week and good luck hugs cheyrlxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, Thanks for linking to my candy and good luck in the draw. Kim

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is so stunning and elegant what a beautiful set and such rich classy colours dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh my word cheryl! this is stunning! who wouldn't love to have something like that! absolutely stunning.

thanks so much for joining the sophisticats this week. am definitely looking forward to seeing you play with us again.

hugs,

Sarah A said...

Hi Cheryl

WOW you have some really amazing cards and creations on here, you are above me in Judes day 22 candy giveaway and boy am I glad to find some inspiration from you!

Sarah x