Tuesday, 22 September 2009

SophistiCat Challenge and More



Hello,
Sorry I have not posted anything for a few days, I have been so sick :(
Sneezeing left and right , it was horrible. Then on top of it I
had a pinched nerve in my neck
and couldnt do anything .
Well I am feeling a bit better lol . I did manage to make a few things.
Couldnt handle just laying around .

So this week over at SophistiCat Challenge , the challenge is a sketch set by Karen,
andon top of that ,NO STAMPS !!
I was like omg lol when I read that haha .
No stamps ..what was I going to do .
So I rumaged through my stash and remebered I had some
really pretty decoupaged images a
friend had given to me . And thought they would be pretty to use.

I took the lightest pink card and ran it thru my Bigshot machine useing a texture plate .
Thought the pinstripe effect would be pretty and
would add some demension and depth to it .

Items used:
White ,olive,darkpink and light pink cardstock
Ribbon and gems from stash
Decoupaged image from friend:)
Texture plate

P.S.
Wanna say thanks for all the wonderful comments left . Am trying to get around to everyones blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a Birthday card and candle set I made for a friends birthday .



Love these stamps by TGF :) The card has a background scene that is a
digital stamp by Dustin Pike
It is one of his freebies. He does freebies every Wednesday I think .
So the card has the background scene and I tried to tie the candle into it
by having the pirate on land with a
treasure chest :)

Items used :
White,red and glitter black cardstock
Papers by DCWV
Nestabilites
Gromlets from stash
Light blue glitter glue

Stamp:
Matey from TGF
I used Whisper Strokes markers as
watercolour on the image ,
and added some Sakura black
glaze to the boots ,
and white glaze to the hat .
I also did the hat 3-d so it would
be raised off the card .


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is an altered art project I made useing
"Janes Halloween Candy Container tutorial" over at
Midnight Madness
If you click the link it will take you straight to the post .





Have a great day and thanks for stopping by ,
Cheryl

I am gonna rest now :)

7 comments:

JanJay said...

These are great & I love your take on Karen's sketch - gorgeous card.

Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week.

Jan x

Karen said...

Absolutely gorjus work Cheryl. I love your take on my sketch it's stunning.

Thank you for joing us over at SOPHISTICATS this week and I hope to see you again in the future.

Love Karen x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

omgoodness! for someone who's not feeling well, you hit the jackpot with these beauties! i love the 1st card. it's just gorgeous; the little pirate is too adorable, and the jar is just fabulous! wow!

i sure hope you're feeling back to your old self soon and i thank you so much for playing in the sophisticats challenge this week. hope you'll join us again soon.

Cheryl said...

wow hun you have been busy love all the projects but that card is stunning love the design you have used and you have done a great job with Karens sketch thanks for playing along at sophisticats good luck and hope to see you again soon love cheryl xxxxxxxx

Mary said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love the candle you made.

Mary

Carole said...

Wow...amazing creations...thanks for the inspiration.
Carole

Ali Dantre said...

Just Beautiful Cheryl! Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week.
Hugs
Lisa.x
DT Admin