Saturday, 22 January 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #58

Hello,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :)
I am taking it easy today hehe, my daughter isnt feeling so good. So have been snuggling her for 
most of the morning. When she is un-well she gets very clinging, not that, that is a
bad thing because it isn't!!
I love cuddles!!!

Can you tell when your kids are sick? 
I can , normally my kids are so out-going, happy, and talkative. And 
when they are sick its like a 360 degree turn, they just have no enegry and lay and dont do anything!!
Really upsets me!!

But anyways...

Over at Cricut Cardz Challenge this week its all about snowmen!!
Since it is the middle of winter, it seems very fitting.
You can use any snowman from any Cricut cartridge!
And if you dont like them or if you dont have any you can create one on the Gypsy!

So here is the card I made


Sorry for the picture being a little dark!
I think it was partly to do with the colour cardstock I used.

I created this pocket card useing the really simple instructions over at 
SplitCoast Stampers. You can find the tutorial here.
 I was very pleased with how easy it was to create and will be making more of them!!!

Items used:
Deep Mauve cardstock
Ribbon and eyelet from stash
Papers from Papermania
Black Sakura Glaze pen
Mango Promarker

I used the snowman from the Gypsy Wanderings cart, and I altered it. 
I used the hide feature on the gypsy to hide the scrolls and face 
on the snowman, and the hole in the hat. 
 
I cut the snowman and all the bits out at 
width-3.19inches and height-3.63inches.
 
Once I sized the snowman and all the bits, I used the copy feature on the gypsy
and copied the hat, scarf, and arms 2 more times, and then I went in 
and used the hide feature again to hide the bits I didnt want. Since I 
was cutting it out on a 12x12 mat it took a little bit to hide everything,
but then I was able to cut everything out at once.

Once my snowman was put together I used Sakura black glaze pen to 
create the eyes and buttons and used 
Mango Promarker to create the nose.

Thanks for looking :)
Cheryl

4 comments:

Jeri said...

This is really adorable. Love how you altered the snowman cut a little. Thanks for joining our snowman challenge this week at Cricut Cardz. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

Liz said...

cute card, thanks for posting a link for the tut, I've seen some of these pocket cards before but had no idea how to create one.

Anita said...

Great Job! Love the paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Anita

Melissa said...

This is so nice, you did a great job with this challenge, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.